Sunday, July 14, 2013

Eggplant Parm!

What does eggplant parm have to do with Sea Monkey?  Well right now, EVERYTHING!  There's a restaurant in Georgia that claims their eggplant parm recipe can put pregnant women into labor within 48 hours of eating the dish.  (Thank you Kathy for telling me about this!)  Of course, I got the recipe from their website (www.scalinis.com) and Mike very graciously cooked it for me tonight.  The recipe was VERY involved - Mike even had to make the sauce!  I took photos throughout the whole process so naturally I have to share them with all of you.

(WARNING: photo overload!)

Ingredients:  There was a ton of stuff to put in this recipe!  I had to take 3 pictures to fit them all in!




Prepping the eggplant to be cooked .... 





Cooking the eggplant!  Yes, I'm a total geek and took photos of everything.


Homemade sauce!  It came out a little watery and definitely could have been thicker, but it was still tasty!


Almost ready for the oven!


Ready to eat!


And here we go! (GOD I look awful....)



We just finished eating and the waiting game begins.  If I go into labor by 9:00 pm on Tuesday night, I will give credit to the eggplant!  I can't believe how hard Mike worked on this.  He is far too good to me - especially with all the complaining and moaning and groaning I've been doing.  My husband is a saint!

In other news .... well, honestly not much.  Aside from remaining in pain and not being able to sleep, things are pretty quiet.  I think Mike is walking on eggshells around me - and I totally don't blame him one bit.  Other than that, it's pretty much a waiting game at this point.  We are totally ready - the last thing we needed to get done (carseat installation inspected) got done Saturday night.  Just one minor adjustment and it's installed perfectly and ready for Sea Monkey!

So now we wait.  Officially, there's exactly 3 weeks until my due date.  I've got a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I'm hoping she will check to see if I'm dilated at all.  Not because it's a pleasant experience, but I'm curious to see if anything is going on down there.  If it is, we'll likely induce the week of July 29th .... so I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that we could be looking forward to a July birthday instead of August.  Although I know my dad is secretly hoping for Sea Monkey to arrive on 8/1 (my grandmother's birthday).

And so we wait ....

No comments:

Post a Comment