Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The waiting game continues

The waiting game continues .... Sea Monkey is turning out to be a stubborn little bugger.  Hmmmm I wonder where he gets that from?  It can't possibly be *me*! 

It feels like I've tried just about everything to get this little guy to want to be born, and nothing seems to be working.  Don't you dare tell me "he'll come when he's ready"....


Saturday I went for an acupuncture treatment.  It was definitely interesting but I don't think it did anything.  I'm not even sure how to describe the experience, but I'll try.  I arrived on time, and waited.  Almost 15 minutes.  I'm fat, it was 1,000 degrees out and I'm very impatient.  So the waiting thing kind of irked me, especially since I was the only one there.  When she finally took me, we sat in her office and she asked me a bunch of questions about the pregnancy and my due date.  Then, she took me to the room where she'd perform the acupuncture.  There's a small table - like a massage table and thankfully a little stool to help me get up there.  It wasn't pretty, but I was able to finally plop myself on the table and lay on my side.  She proceeded to put 2 needles in my right arm / hand, one in my left, one on my forehead and one on each of my ankles.  These were supposed to "relax" me.  Well, if you know me even just a tiny bit, you know the word "relax" is not really in my vocabulary.  I tried, I really did.  But I also have some strange lady poking me with needles.  Kind of hard to relax!  Although I have to admit the needles didn't really hurt.  There were a few that pinched on the way in, but once they were there, I didn't feel anything.  I digress .... I laid on that table for about 10 minutes with the needles in trying to relax.  She came back in, took them out and then had me move positions to lay on my stomach.  Thankfully her table has a section that you can pop out so your big huge pregnant belly has somewhere to go.  I'm not sure how long it took, but she ended up putting 33 needles in my back!  Again, it didn't really hurt and I'm really glad I couldn't see it or I think I may have freaked out.  She told me what each needle did and why she was placing it there.  When she was done, I laid there for a while ... I guess to let the needles do their magic.  She returned and took them all out and I was on my way.  (I probably should have written about this Saturday when I got home because I'm sure I'm missing some great stuff).  It's now Tuesday and I honestly don't think it did anything.  Maybe I need more "treatments" - she said I could come back on Wednesday or Thursday if I wanted to ... but I don't think I want to. 

For the rest of the weekend, I tried to eat some spicy food, and I really counted on the full moon last night to do something for me.  FAIL, FAIL, FAIL.  Although Sunday & Monday I did have some pretty good contractions.  But as soon as I went to bed, they stopped.  I know I'm only 38 weeks, 2 days .... but I just want to get this show on the road!

Yesterday I washed all of Sea Monkey's laundry.  It's folded and put away now ... with the exception of the crib sheets.  I just threw them into the crib because I have no idea how to fold the darn things. 

My parents have made their way "north" from Florida.  They're currently camped out (not literally - could you imagine my mom in a tent?!) in the Berkshires with my Aunt Mary & Uncle Jimmy.  It's nice to know they're only about 2 hours away in case our stubborn little Sea Monkey decides he wants to make landfall.  Tomorrow, they can check into their furnished apartment which is just about 40 minutes away.  Maybe Sea Monkey is waiting until all things are in place?  Who knows what this little guy has on his mind. 

Speaking of Sea Monkey - he's been pretty quiet for the most part.  I'm very curious as to how big he is at this point.  Not so much because I'm scared to deliver him, but I'm wondering how squished he really is in there.  His movements hurt at this point so I'm not really complaining that he's been quiet, although I do sometimes still get nervous something might be wrong.  A good poke or prod usually wakes him up and I feel a little better. 

I've got 4 days left of work (unless Sea Monkey decides to make an appearance) and I have just a few things to finish up.  Of course, even though I've been asking people for WEEKS if they need anything, I'm getting flooded with last minute report requests. 

Well that's pretty much it.  All my efforts to make Sea Monkey appear have failed and I suppose I'm forced to continue to wait it out.  I keep getting the "he will come when he's ready" comment from almost everyone I talk to.  And yes, it continues to be the most annoying thing you can say to me at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment